Welcome to Reception Class
Class teacher: Mrs Strong
Classroom assistants: Mrs Horwood. (Miss Scott on Thursday afternoons).
Children in Reception follow the curriculum guidance for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Work is planned across these areas of learning:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and language: listening and attention, understanding, speaking
- Physical development: PE and movement; fine-motor skills; health and self-care
- Literacy: reading and writing
- Mathematics: numbers, counting, calculations, shape, and measure
- Understanding the world: science, history, geography, technology
- Expressive arts and design
- Religious Education
We work on a variety of topics and themes and we aim to provide learning opportunities through lots of interesting activities and investigations. We also respond to the children’s particular needs and interests in planning our topics.
We have opportunities for ‘Show and Tell’; please see the noticeboard so you know when it is your child’s turn.
- PE days are Thursdays and Fridays.
- Library books can be changed on Mondays and Fridays, if children are ready to change them. We encourage children to change their books at least once a week.
- Children need to bring book-bags every day, for bringing home newsletters, pictures etc. Please bring reading books and reading record each day when children start to read.
- We use the computer suite each week.
We use our outdoor play area as much as possible during all weathers, and have welly-walks around the grounds and local area.
Please would parents ensure that children are dressed for the weather! They need sun-hats on hot days, coats and jumpers on cold/wet days. Please could children keep a pair of named wellingtons in school ready for walks and wet playtimes.
Please see the class noticeboard for day to day information and messages. If you have any questions or concerns, please just speak to one of the staff.