Welcome to Class 3
We are a Class of year 3 children. Our teachers are Mrs Woods (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) and Mr Jones (Thursday and Fridays) .Miss Shearman, Mrs Frampton and Mrs Whitehead also support the learning in our class.
We do lots of different and exciting activities during the week, all the year 3 children will learn to play a brass instrument and everyone learns Spanish!
We have topic days when we dress up, research and present information plus taking part in role play linked to the things we are learning. We regularly invite visitors into our class and we get outside a lot in order to find out more about the world around us.
In Literacy we do lots of drama and retelling of stories so that we get really good at writing. We write in different genres and work hard on improving and redrafting in order to produce our best work. We listen to and read lots of books by different authors to improve our vocabulary and writing style. All classes do Letters and Sounds four mornings a week where we focus on spelling, grammar and handwriting.
Maths is fun; we play lots of games and work with numbers up to 1,000 and beyond. We work hard on learning our times tables and doing written calculations. By the end of this year we should know our 3,4,5,6 and 8 times tables and be confident doing written and mental calculations explaining the process that we have used. We learn how to problem solve and to work systematically talking through and discussing our answers. Our number work is also linked to measure, money and time.
In the afternoons we do topic work which includes; researching information, field visits, art, science, history, design and technology and geography.
More specific information on the topics covered is included in the class plans.
In Class 3 we work as a team, we have decided on rules that enable our class to work happily and successfully.
Class 3 Charter
- We work as a team
- We always try to do our best work
- If someone doesn’t know what to do we try to help.
- We say kind things to each other.
- We put our hand up in class.
- If we hurt someone we say sorry even though it may be an accident
- We concentrate hard on our work and listen to the teacher
- We take our trainers off before we come into the classroom
- We share our things
- We let people join in our games and our games fair.
- We hang our clothes on the pegs and keep our cloakroom and classroom tidy.
- We sit quietly on the carpet.
Timetable Class 3 2019-2020